Contact- ashleylarsen22@gmail.com

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Flowers in my Hair (D.I.Y Fresh Flower Chain)

I'd rather wear flowers in my hair, than diamonds around my neck...
I would like to start off by saying this is my first ever Step by Step Tutorial, so hopefully you all will be able to enjoy your flowers as much as I do and it's VERY SIMPLE! You can pretty much do this little project anywhere, i.e. a park, your backyard, a kitchen... Literally ANYWHERE as long as you bring your supplies along. Also a fun way to get your little ones outside and enjoying nature!
For supplies you will need about 10-12 fresh flowers (Depending on the size of the flowers and how you'd like it to fit). I suggest using fresh ones because they're free to pick and it is the perfect time of year around here to do so! But with that said don't just go snipping flowers out of people's yards! Use your own or ask permission**  You may find it easiest to purchase from the store if your access is limited. In order to snip the flowers from the stem you will need a pair of scissors, I used little pruning scissors made for clipping plants but if you really want to be a savage, I suppose you could just use your hands and pull ha! Then all that's needed is a needle and thread.
First measure out how long you would like your flower chain to be, then thread the needle accordingly. Make sure each flower has a tiny bit of stem left to push the needle through.
Pull to the end of the knotted thread and continue this process until the entire length is filled.
Be sure to keep your flowers properly spaced so they sit how you like when you wear them. The spacing will depend on how large the flowers are so be sure to check and make the adjustments before tying the ends together.
Done!
Simple as that! Fresh flowers in your hair all day everyday that smell amazing as well, but watch out for bees!

If you do try this out I'd love to know how you like it and see photos! So many colorful flowers to use, feel free to mix them up and use different ones. I can't wait to make another myself ;) 

XOXO
Shake That Ashh 
 
***To stay current with my upcoming creations and shoots please 'like' me on facebook<--Click link to view page.

Follow Me...
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

3 comments: